In a previous post, I talked about “how young is too young” to try tenkara fishing. For the benefit of all prospective tenkara fishermen, let’s talk about the opposite end of the chronological spectrum. The delayed harvest season here in WNC brings a lot of easily accessible trout fishing. Age doesn’t really matter. If you can walk a couple hundred yards, spend 30-60 minutes at a stretch standing and are reasonably stable on your feet…you can tenkara fish. Book a 1/2 day trip and take an occasional break to enjoy the surroundings. It’s a wonderful way to get some low intensity, fun, outdoor activity. I had a wonderful morning out today with my dad for his first attempt at tenkara fishing. Although it’s hard to believe, he’s 90…so there’s hope for us all!
- My Favorite Kind of Picture! March 26, 2023
- Do Good…Get Good! March 15, 2023
- Talking Tenkara to TU…on Tuesday January 11, 2023
- Fall Fun October 31, 2022
- Quik Beginning Beginner June 11, 2022
- Follow Unreel Fly Fishing on WordPress.com