Today was an awesome day. I got to take a good friend and his new bride up into Brookie country. She had never fly fished before but within five minutes of starting had caught her first fish ever on a fly rod. The fact that it was a native Appalachian Brook Trout, taken on a dry fly, tenkara’d through an aquatic rock-garden made the feat all the more impressive! It was my first trip up into the higher water this spring. The trees are just starting to realize winter is over and the trout are waking up to the fact that there are a few bugs to be had. If today’s trip made a new tenkara angler out of this first timer, they’d better watch out!
- My Favorite Kind of Picture! March 26, 2023
- Do Good…Get Good! March 15, 2023
- Talking Tenkara to TU…on Tuesday January 11, 2023
- Fall Fun October 31, 2022
- Quik Beginning Beginner June 11, 2022
- Follow Unreel Fly Fishing on WordPress.com