Sometimes things don’t work out like you planned…they work out better. We arrived at the river the other day and started in what I thought was a really promising run…but it wasn’t. Fishing was slow so we moved to another spot that has been fishing well…but it didn’t. We made another move toward a spot I like but there were some folks already fishing there. We settled in to our fourth location of the day and what you see above and below was the result! Our two best fish of the day taken on a dry and dropper. They were accompanied by several others taken on a dry and some really fun fishing. If we’d had our way, we would never have seen these fish. But we just let the river steer us where it wanted and were rewarded with the best it had to offer. Don’t get stuck on your plan for the day, sometimes the river’s plan is better!
- The Merry Month of May (and a little bit of April) May 21, 2023
- Go With the Flow April 24, 2023
- My Favorite Kind of Picture! March 26, 2023
- Do Good…Get Good! March 15, 2023
- Talking Tenkara to TU…on Tuesday January 11, 2023
- Follow Unreel Fly Fishing on WordPress.com