When the going is about to get tough…the tough go fishing. We’re supposed to have wind chills in the low 20’s by this weekend but today was a beauty and I had the pleasure of being on the river with two very capable anglers. The highlight/lowlight of the day was hooking up a solid 18″ rainbow that escaped by streaking right between two peoples legs at the same time and then making a sharp U-turn to break off. I wish I’d had a video rolling to catch the comical (and futile) dance to get out of the way. But we caught our share (see above ) and have a great story to re-enact about how the big one got away.
- The Merry Month of May (and a little bit of April) May 21, 2023
- Go With the Flow April 24, 2023
- My Favorite Kind of Picture! March 26, 2023
- Do Good…Get Good! March 15, 2023
- Talking Tenkara to TU…on Tuesday January 11, 2023
- Follow Unreel Fly Fishing on WordPress.com