I had the pleasure of conducting a rapid-fire tenkara workshop today at the Trout Unlimited National Teen Leadership Conference. The 25 attendees were broken down into 5 groups of 5 and rotated through various learning “stations” at 30 minute intervals. So I had exactly 1/2 an hour to make introductions, talk a little about tenkara history, equipment and techniques and then try to give everyone a few minutes of hands on practice on the Tuckaseegee River. I’m happy to report that every one of the groups caught at least one trout in spite of fishing with no tenkara experience and against the clock. Judging by the comments I heard coming off the water, I think we may have a few new tenkara converts!
- My Favorite Kind of Picture! March 26, 2023
- Do Good…Get Good! March 15, 2023
- Talking Tenkara to TU…on Tuesday January 11, 2023
- Fall Fun October 31, 2022
- Quik Beginning Beginner June 11, 2022
- Follow Unreel Fly Fishing on WordPress.com